Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before booking a workshop day. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and in some cases amendments may have retrospective effect.
Little Soap School is a division of Spotty Dog Productions Ltd, registered in England Registered Company Number 4539307
Little Soap School workshop day BOOKING:
How to book
▪ To book a Soap School or workshop day please phone or email us dates you would like. Once we’ve agreed a date the booking will be made, an invoice sent out and the place confirmed upon receiving payment. If you have any questions before or after you make a class booking or if you have a problem booking, please call 01386 853025 or email email@example.com
▪ A place is not secured on a class until 50% payment has been made.
▪ We cannot hold class places pending payment.
▪ All bookings are bound by these terms and conditions whether made online or over the phone. By making a booking you are bound by the terms and conditions.
Booking for other people
▪ You can book classes for yourself or for other people. If booking for someone else, please ensure you tell us of the name and email address of the person who will be attending. In default of this, all information will be sent to you rather than the attendee.
▪ We do not allow children under 16 to attend the class alone. A child under 16 can attend with an adult accompanying them who would also have to purchase a place on the class.
▪ Little Soap School sells Gift Vouchers which can be redeemed against the price of a one on one Little Workshop Day.
▪ The Vouchers cannot be exchanged for money so you need to use the full value of your voucher when purchasing.
▪ Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
▪ When you purchase a Gift Voucher, we can, if requested send a hard copy voucher in the post to you otherwise it will be an e-voucher.
▪ If you wish for the voucher to be posted to the recipient, it is your responsibility to inform us of the recipient’s full name and address at the time of purchasing the voucher.
▪ A Voucher recipient can only make a purchase over the phone or email.
▪ The copy and design of the gift vouchers belong to Little Soap School and any attempt to copy the gift voucher or the text there to create a gift voucher which is substantially the same will be treated as theft of copyright and action will be taken accordingly.
▪ Full details about the workshops, its location and any other information you may need will be sent to you by email once you have booked.
Little Soap School reserves the right to change the class content at any time.
All information given in courses is based on our opinion only and should not be taken as advice in any sense at all. Our opinion is nothing more than an opinion.
Techniques and Designs learnt in the classes
You will be taught many different designs and techniques during Little Soap courses. All these designs and the methods for making the recipes and flavours and concoctions that you are taught belong to Little Soap School. By purchasing a class place, you are free to copy all of these designs for the purpose of your own soap making.
If you run soap making classes or intend to run soap or cream or balm classes, you must not use the designs you learn in our classes to advertise or run a class which is substantially the same. It is our intention to teach you skills which will enable you to come up with your own class designs thus offering the market place something original to you. If you run classes or intend to run classes in the future, you may not use our course pack, recipes, class format, structures, photographs, teaching techniques, pre class information, notes, wording from the Little Soap And Little Soap School emails or website for your own classes or the promotion of your own classes.
You are also prohibited from copying the Course Pack (in whole or in part) for distribution in your own classes.
To the extent not already covered and purely as a belt and braces measure, ALL content on Little Soap Company website, Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and Flickr account is the intellectual property of Little Soap Company Ltd. As stated, the above terms and conditions mean that should you book a class you agree to be bound by these terms. A link to these terms and conditions has been provided on pages which describe the class and course content and terms relevant to booking (such as price and location). These terms and conditions are accessable at all times.
To secure a place on a class, a 50% non refundable deposit must be made to secure the booking and the balance to be paid in full 10 working days prior to the class to ensure clearing. We will also email or phone you a couple of days before the class. Without this, your place is not confirmed. . All payments are non refundable. Please note that when payment requests are sent on the date an instalment falls due, you have to make the instalment payment within 48 hours. It is your responsibility to ensure you make your instalment payment on the due date. We will of course send you a reminder when that due date arrives but we are under no obligation to send chasers. Failure to make the payment may result in us allocating your class to someone else and you losing your deposit and any other payments made. If you fail to pay when a request is sent your place could be forfeited.
Cancellations, moving places and refunds
▪ Once a class has been booked and paid for, we are unable to offer any refunds for any reason if you are unable to attend. If you can find someone else to attend in your place, please let us know their full name and email address so we can forward the class details to them.
▪ Due to the popularity of classes, we cannot move your place on a class to another date after you have booked so please ensure you can attend that date.
▪ Little Soap School strongly advise that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events which may prevent them from attending their class and seek to cover any class cost or any travel and accommodation costs that have been incurred. Students are advised to contact Cancelsure on 01666 841353 or visit their website at www.cancelsure-insurance.co.uk. Cancelsure specialises in insurance covering the cancellation of courses by students. Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavourable weather and associated travel disruption is higher.
▪ In exceptional circumstances and purely at our sole discretion, we may agree to move your class to another date but as this will involve significant administration, further advertising and other administration necessities, if we agree to move a class place as £30 admin fee will be charged. Moving a class place is not always possible so please don’t assume this will be the case if you contact us to change a class date. There is no automatic right to move a class place if you contact us about this.
▪ In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class, we will offer an alternative date(s) to you and if no alternative date is made available by us, we will provide you with a full refund of the cost of your class. By purchasing a class, you accept that our liability is limited to the cost of the class place and you cannot make a claim for costs of other arrangements you may have made in order to attend a class whatever they may be. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes costs of transportation, accommodation or anything else.
▪ In the event a class is cancelled by us due to bad weather such as snow, we will use best endeavours to reschedule your class place to another date and/or offer you a voucher so you can rebook for a date of your choice in the future.
▪ If you arrive more than 30minutes late for your class we will still finish the class at the planned time. In such circumstances we cannot move your place to an alternative date so please ensure you leave plenty of time when planning your journey.
▪ All personal details supplied by you to us are kept confidential. For example, we do not disclose personal addresses, phone numbers or emails to third parties except Little Soap Company Ltd. Financial records of our customers are not held. We do not mention the name of former students (natural persons) on our website page unless otherwise agreed but we expressly reserve the right to mention on our website the company name and/or trading names and/or publically accessible names of former students’ businesses which are already in the public domain for marketing purposes or other reasons.
▪ We are entitled to use certain information for our own marketing purposes.
▪ We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All bookings are subject to the laws and jurisdiction of England and Wales.
GENERAL TERMS APPLICABLE
Little Soap Schools shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (but without limitation), the following:
(i) extreme weather conditions preventing classes taking place for any reason including, but not limited to snow, rain, storm, fire or floods or any natural disaster whatever;
(ii) impossibility or difficulties with the use of any relevant means of public or private transport for any reason;
(iii) impossibility or difficulties with the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
(iv) inability to receive materials necessary for classes, weddings or events due to a third party supplier failure which was beyond our control;
(v) civil unrest, riots, strikes, transport delays and anything connected with such events.
Our obligations under these terms and conditions are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period.
In the case of any classes, we will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these terms and conditions can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. Where possible, we will reschedule the class to a different date or offer a class voucher for use at a future date (not beyond 6 months from the issue of the voucher) to attend a class. No refund will be provided unless agreed otherwise in writing. However, we do not guarantee that we can reschedule a class so each case will be treated on an individual basis.
In the case of weddings and other events, should a Force Majeure Event prevent the making or delivery of soaps, we will use reasonable endeavours to find an alternative solution including delivery on a different date. No refund can be provided if the Force Majeure Event occurs 14 days or less before the wedding or other event.
Once payment has been paid, a contract will be non-cancellable by the customer. Ordering mistakes by customers with regard to class dates will not constitute grounds of cancellation. Notwithstanding the above, acceptance of cancellation by us in exceptional circumstances and any refund or part refund will be solely at our discretion.
To the maximum extent permissible in law, we exclude all liability to any loss or consequential loss however incurred by the Customer, arising from any or omission or failure by Little Soap School in connection with the contract.
In any event the maximum liability of the proprietor of Little Soap School will be not more that the purchase price of the products or services under the contract, should the contract be cancelled for any reason.
Little Soap School is a division of Spotty Dog Productions Ltd, registered in England Registered Company Number 4539307.