A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it… it just BLOOMS
They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that certainly is true. What you have on the inside is more important that what you have on the outside, and the same goes for what you put into your body too. We’ve written extensively about the wonders of so called ‘clean eating’ and we’ve picked out some super foods that will help you along a little too. We’ve also written about the little beauty tricks we’ve picked up that will help you to nurture that beauty on the outside too. We’re all for natural remedies, so this week we’re sharing 3 little ingredients for head to toe natural beauty-no chemicals, no expensive treatments and no hassle. Give them a try today!
Coconut oil is your new all over beauty must have!
Yes, we cannot express it enough. Coconut oil is amazing! 100% natural, pure and powerful- you cannot find a better treatment for your skin or your hair. This is probably the most versatile beauty treatment you can get, because you can do so much with it- eat it, cook with it, put it on your hair, massage it into skin… Here are three little ways to use coconut oil:
- Use it plain and simply as a moisturiser. You can add other things to it if you want to, but there really is no need. Not only will it hydrate your skin, but it will heal too- so if you have sore, dry or itchy skin get some coconut oil on there. No need to prepare it, straight onto the skin and rub it in gently.
- Use it to hydrate your hair. The stresses of life means that some of us have dry hair with split ends. That’s not a crime- but doing nothing about it is! In a beauty sense, of course! Coconut oil is the number one best treatment you can give to your tired tresses, and believe us when we tell you it really works. Either use it as an intensive conditioner when you wash your hair, or apply sparingly to those ends after drying. Great for curls too.
- Use it in place of other fats. Cook with it, add it to smoothies, even use it to curb your cravings. Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids, rather than long chain fatty acids. This means that it doesn’t get stored as fat so easily and instead is sent straight to the liver to be metabolized- and that gives you a boost in energy too.
Eggs are your friends!
Eggs really are the most versatile little things. Packed full of protein, the whites of an egg make a great breakfast, but did you know they can be your friend in the bathroom too? When used as a face mask, eggs have certain special powers you’re going to be glad you read about here.
Egg whites have the ability to tighten and tone the skin; shrinking large pores and reducing excess sebum- the substance that makes the skin oily. Too much sebum can result in too much bacteria which can lead to spots and acne. So eggs are pretty amazing if you want to keep that complexion clear. To make a simple egg mask, simply follow these steps:
- Wash your face with warm water to open up the pores.
- Break one egg, and separate out the white.
- Apply the white to your face- yes, this can get messy!
- Let the egg white dry for at least 15 minutes. The mask will tighten as it dries.
- Rinse gently with warm water.
Almonds are wonderful!
Almonds truly are wonderful, and this is why. When you eat them, they boost brain power, regulate your cholesterol levels, keep your heart healthy, protect your bones and strengthen your immune system! Wow. And when used as part of your beauty regime, they are just as powerful. Almonds can be used in so many ways- here are two of our favourites:
- As an exfoliator. Forget the mass produced exfoliators that are packed full of environmentally unfriendly micro-beads- almonds are where it’s at. Simply grind one tablespoon of almonds and mix with one tablespoon of honey and one egg white. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for about 15-20 minutes. Massage in a circular motion for one minute before removing with warm water.
- As a cleanser. When you mix almond milk with honey and water, you create something wonderful. Mix two tablespoons milk with 1 teaspoon of honey and a quarter of a cup of water. Apply to the face and massage well before rinsing with warm water.
What are you waiting for? Ditch the chemicals for good, and get naturally beautiful from head to toe!