Job Title: Full Time Sales Administrator
Hours: Full time: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (37.5 hours including 30 mins lunch break)
Job Purpose: To maximise the efficiency and ensure the smooth running of the office,
company administration, sales and office functions, operation facilities,
including support for the management team.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Direct Reports (1): Workshop Tutors
Key Responsibilities: 1. Office Administration
3. Sales & Business Development Support
Available in all the main supermarkets, and growing year on year Little Soap Company is looking to expand the team to take us to the next stage of our exciting journey as we grow the brand and launch into more national and international stores over the coming months. Our products are the best we believe they can be and our small team, based in the idyllic village of Broadway matches this aim. We need you to possess a positive and outgoing personality, be confident, enthusiastic, motivated and have genuine empathy and understanding of the necessity of organic skincare.
Applicants for this role must be savvy and have bags of common sense. We are as far from the word corporate as you can imagine and need team players – we are a small team who sometimes needs to turn their hands to all things to help one another out.
Principle Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Office Administration
- Reception/answering the phone/door
- Handling all incoming enquiries – phone/email
- General admin duties: Printing of documents, form filling/applications
- General office duties to support the other functions of the business
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Co-ordinate with IT and suppliers on all office equipment
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and utility suppliers
- Co-ordinate team meetings, take minutes, plan off-site activities such as Team Away Days, celebrations and conferences where required.
- Organise office operations and procedures (consumables, stationery, hardware, milk and travel arrangements)
2. Operational Support
- Soap School Management – overseeing the new booking system
- Covering Admin Support on their off days. Overseeing the Website/Amazon account etc
- Keeping the website up to date with product pricing etc
3. Sales & Business Development Support
- Customer Care/After Care (Email and phone)
- New Product Dev and realisation support where needed
- Responding to incoming sales enquiries and fulfilling office-based wholesale orders
- Maintaining current customers and sourcing new ones too for all areas
- Business Development Activity to work closely with Business Dev team including researching new potential outlets, creating and following upon appointments to secure new customers
- Such additional tasks as required, subject to the business needs
- Keeping the offices, workshop and kitchen clean and tidy
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as a sales administrator and office co-ordinator
- Computer literate competent use of Apple Macs and online software including Microsoft Office 365 and WordPress. Experience with Xero and Monday.com ideal, though training will be given.
- Experience raising, tracking and chasing sales orders and generating invoices.
- Proven experience in project and diary management.
- Experience ordering consumables and handling office facilities.
- Full business driving licence and ability to run errands and attend events where needed.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills (internally and externally)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members and customers alike
- Must be tenacious and persuasive with a strong customer focus
- Excellent organisation, time management skills and the ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritise work
- Demonstrates drive, energy and resilience to work
- Be aware of the organic, beauty and complimentary market and trends
- Flexible with hours and working pattern when needed
- Awareness of relevant competitor sales and marketing activity
- Be willing and able to undertake regular local travel
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
This Job Description is intended to provide a general guide to the duties and responsibilities of the job and aims to set this in the context of the framework within which, the job holder is expected to operate. It should not be viewed as a legal document or a set of conditions of service and it can be reviewed at any time in light of the needs of the business.
Little Soap Company Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply: Please send your CV with a hand-written covering letter explaining why you’re perfect to join the team, to: Emma Heathcote-James, Little Soap Company, 99 Upper High Street, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7AL
Application deadline: 12 noon Tuesday 26th March 2019 – successful applicants will be notified that afternoon and invited to interview on Thursday 28th March 2019.