Intro to cold processed soap making course
▪ Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
▪ Everything you need to get started: materials, ingredients and equipment and stockists
▪ Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide
▪ Preparation of your moulds and various moulding options
▪ Using additives in soap such as flowers, seeds, oats, oxides, herbs, spices & clays
▪ Adding nutrient oils for various skin conditions
▪ Blending pure essential oils for fragrance
▪ Mixing, the insulating myth, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
▪ Ideas for your packaging/labels etc
▪ The legalities of selling your soaps
We’ll start the day (normally 10.30am) with tea or coffee and M’hencha cake where you will be given your course pack and notes for the day. The morning is spent quickly talking you through the theory and making demo batches, but we believe you learn by doing, so you’re let loose after lunch to get your hands messy mixing your own batches!
You’ll go home laden with your creations and all the skills needed to either make soaps for your friends and family hereon in or even take it a step further and create your own small business… soap making is one of the few hobbies that costs very little to set up (around £30 in base oils, gloves, goggles and a thermometer – other equipment you’ll already have at home).
And the day doesn’t end there…. we are not going anywhere and we are passionate in wanting the world to use proper soap – so if you get stuck when you get home or a few months down the line have any questions then you’ll have our numbers and email and we love to hear how you’re going and to keep in touch and will help with any glitches or questions!
One on one course day: £285
Bring a friend: £195 each
Bring 2 friends: £175 each
Bring 3 friends: £165 each
Bring 4 or 5 friends: £150 each
Course dates are organised between you and the office here, the run on week days between 10.30-4pm (we can start earlier or later of agreed in advance too!). Courses are only ever one to one – we don’t do mixed groups – it will just be you and the tutor. Calm for you and calm for us (!)
Please ensure you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions prior to booking
Starter Packs to take home…
We also offer for you to take home on the day, starter packs to get you going soon as you get home – they include everything you need, weighed out and measured to make one super large batch of soap.
No waste, no waiting for orders if you’re itching to get started, and no having to buy in bulk.
Packs include enough ingredients to make approx 1kg of soap – quite a lot!):-
– Coconut Oil
– Sustainable Palm Oil
– Olive Pomace Oil
– Essential Oil and/or Additives
– Box to re-use as a mould
– Safety Goggles
– Rubber Gloves
– Full instructions
– all you need to add is bottled water – if you wanted to infuse your water with tea bags or herbs you can do that too…. all will be explained on the course day!
– Little Complete Starter Pack: £45 (incl VAT) * Let us know before your course if you want one of these and we’ll ensure we’ve got one ready for your to avoid disappointment and so you can get making soon as you get home!