Courses usually run from 10.30am and finish at 4pm (unless arranged on booking) on a day that we both choose. Drop me an email with the best weekdays that work for you.
▪ Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making.
▪ Everything you need to get started: materials, ingredients and equipment and where to buy these things from
▪ Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide
▪ Preparation of your moulds and various moulding options
▪ Using additives in soap such as flowers, seeds, oats, oxides, herbs, spices & clays
▪ Adding Nutrient Oils for various skin conditions
▪ Blending pure essential oils for fragrance
▪ Mixing, the insulating myth, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
▪ Ideas for your packaging/labels etc
▪ The legalities of selling your soaps
You’ll go home laiden with your creations and all the skills needed to either made soaps for your friends and family hereon in or even take it a step further and create your own small business… soap making is one of the few hobbies that cost very little to set up (around £30 in base oils, gloves, goggles and a thermometer – other equipment you’ll already have at home)
And the day doesn’t end there…. we are not going anywhere and we are passionate in wanting the world to use proper soap – so if you get stuck when you get home or a few months down the line have any questions then you’ll have our numbers and email and we love to hear how you’re going and to keep in touch and will help with any glitches or questions!
Take home starter packs to get you going….
We also offer for you to take home on the day, starter packs to get you going when you’re home – they include everything you need, weighed out and measured to make 4 more batches of the Little Recipe.
No waste, no waiting for orders if you’re itching to get started, and no having to buy in bulk.
Packs include enough ingredients to make 4 more batches (approx 2kg of soap – quite a lot!):-
– Coconut Oil
– Sustainable Palm Oil
– Lavender Essential Oil
– Sweet Orange Essential Oil
– Plastic box to re-use as a mould (which you’ll have from the batches you make)
– Safety Goggles
– Black Rubber Gloves
– all you need to add is bottled water and Olive Oil from your store cupboard plus easy to choose nutrients (again from your cupboards) such as sunflower, avocado, walnut, rape or vegetable oil etc as per recipe and additives such as poppy seeds from your garden or porrige oats and if you wanted to infuse your water with tea bags or herbs you can do that too…. all will be explained on the course day!
– Little Complete Starter Pack: £45 (incl VAT) * Let us know before your course if you want one of these and we’ll ensure we’ve got one ready for your to avoid disappointment and so you can get making soon as you get home!