The candles provide the following benefits:
- 100% vegan and vegetarian – made from pure soybean oil and vegetable oil
- They burn longer and more cleanly than paraffin wax without soot build up
- The wicks are also 100% natural, they are cotton (instead of traditional lead) and designed specifically to burn best in soy wax candles.
- No colourants or dyes, so they are all white, or cream in colour depending on the essential oil added.
- They are totally pure and natural, biodegradable and free from pesticides and herbicides
- The oils are all produced without genetically modified material
- Any wax spills are easy to clean up with soap and hot water, eliminating the need for solvents
- No animal testing
- Eco Soy is a renewable, sustainable resource
Burn Time: Approx: 60 hours in total (nb. please do not burn for more that 4 hours at a time, all info is on the jar)
Boxed in our usual branding, making the perfect gift.
66 in stock
As with all our products, much research, thinking and testing went into these candles. They had to hit every tick box of our soaps.
The soy wax we have chosen is eco-soy. It is 100% GM free with no pesticides or herbicides used at any stage in its cultivation. Soya beans are, of course, a renewable source and the wax is naturally bio-degradable, so it is really is an eco-friendly product.
The great thing is that soy also has “excellent fragrance-holding qualities” – which is important as we only wanted to use 100% essential oils to fragrance them. A tricky task as most candles on the market are “with essential oils” meaning they only actually contain a very small percentage and are topped up with a synthetic fragrance. So our candles, like our soaps will smell more subtle – but we assure you they are 100% pure and natural but the scent will be long-lasting and even scent through out the time they burn, hey are cleaner burning too and last 30-50% longer than their paraffin equivalents.
Soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax too, which is made from crude oil, so with no petrol-carbon soot that can blacken walls as well as releasing toxic carcinogens in to the air which I’m sure you’ve seen in the press quite a bit of late.