When Little Soap Company first began, we had one simple mission: to make natural soap accessible to all. No matter where you lived or what your budget was, we believed (and we still do!) that good, natural soap can and should be a part of every household’s bathroom cabinet. When it comes to organic soap, we believe just as strongly that it should be accessible to all; our Organic Range and Organic Little Beast Pet Range both contain products made from organic ingredients and we’re proud of it! But what does it all mean? This week we’re looking at what makes a product organic and looking at why organic soap should be part of your beauty regime too.
What makes a product organic?
Our Organic Range adheres to the definition of organic set out by the Soil Association:
‘An organic beauty product has ingredients that have been grown using organic farming methods. Organic farming does not allow the use of synthetic fertilisers, genetically modified (GM) ingredients and herbicides’
Why use organic soap?
When it comes to building a natural and organic beauty regime, soap is one of the most important products to choose carefully. Our skin is the body’s largest organ, so it makes sense to opt for organic beauty products if we truly want to live a greener and more healthy lifestyle. But why is organic soap so important? Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Organic soap is better for your body. Regular soaps contain harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients that can actually trigger allergies, irritate the skin and even disrupt hormones in the body. In contrast, organic soap contains only natural ingredients- here at Little Soap we pick ingredients specifically for their ability to nourish and care for the skin, rather than strip it of it’s health.
- Organic soap is better for the environment. Organic beauty products such as soap and other organic skin care products do not contain harsh chemicals or potentially harmful toxins, so they don’t prouce toxic waste that has to be disposed of into the environment. Our organic soap is biodegradable, which means that when it washes away into the drain, its not harming anyone or anything. Add to this the fact that organic soap production methods are also a lot kinder to the planet too.
- Organic soap is better for animals. Because the ingredients used in organic beauty products as a whole are natual, they don’t require testing on animals. And that’s always going to be a good thing!
- Organic soap has amazing benefits for your skin. We know that there are no chemicals or synthetic ingredients in organic soap- so it stands to reason that the ingredients we do use are actually there for a reason. That reason? To care for your skin! Take our Organic Rose Geranium bar for example. We use pure rose geranium essential oil because it has powerful antioxidant and anti-aging properties, it is natural anti-inflammatory and it also helps to balance the mood. Combined, these properties make this one soap bar a million times better than any regular soap bar you might find on the supermarket shelves!
How to perfect your organic skin care regime
Hopefully by now you’re more than 100% convinced that organic soap has a true place in your beauty regime! Here are our top three tips for tweaking your routine so you get the most out of your organic beauty products:
- Know your skin type. When it comes to really getting the most out of your daily skin care routine, knowing the ingredients that your skin loves and the ones that are best to avoid makes all the difference! Do you research into the products and brands that are best suited to your skin type and while it’s always good to experiment, once you find the combination that works for you then stick with it!
- Always read your labels and learn the lingo. Not everything is as it seems, and sometimes labels can be misleading. While you’r researching brands and products, looks into the ingredients that they use and their policies when it comes to organic beauty products. If you’re not sure then get in touch- reputable brands will be transparent and only too happy to answer your questions.
- Be consistent. Once you have a good daily skin care regime, don’t pick and choose when to do it and when to skip. Once you’ve used organic soap or any other organic skin care products, you will be able to tell the difference if you go back to synthetic alternatives. Don’t be tempted!