Our shampoo bars are a wonderful innovation in the world of cleansing, which is soap-free, gentle on both hair & skin and full of plant-derived ingredients. Here are a few points as to why shampoo bars are becoming increasingly popular in recent years:
- Gentle on the skin: our shampoo bars are formulated to have a pH level that is close to that of the skin, making it less likely to cause irritation or dryness. This makes it a great option for people with sensitive skin or those who have conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Effective cleansing: the shampoo bars have an effective cleanser that removes dirt, oil, and impurities from the skin without stripping away its natural oils. It lathers well and rinses off easily, leaving the skin feeling clean and refreshed.
- Suitable for all skin types: our shampoo bars are suitable for all skin types, including dry, oily, and combination skin. It can be used on the face, body and hair and is available in various formulations suited to each hair type.
- Environmentally friendly: our shampoo bars contain less water and can be packaged without plastic. Because there is a high natural percentage, it is also biodegradable, which means it breaks down naturally without harming the environment.
- Travel Friendly: our shampoo bars are compact, easy to use and do not require any plastic packaging. Solid formats are also convenient for travel, as they are TSA-approved and can be easily packed in a carry-on bag. We have a mini set of bars which is perfect for travel, you can find it here.
As mentioned above, solid formats are more environmentally friendly than liquid formats. They are highly concentrated as they are made with very little water compared to liquids which are made using between 80-95% of water. Most importantly, liquids require plastic packaging which can contribute to plastic waste. Solid formats, on the other hand, do not require any plastic packaging and can be stored in reusable containers. You can find our portable containers here.
We recommend that you store your shampoo bars in a container or away from sunlight. If the bars are exposed to moisture, sun and other elements, bars can crack over time due to exposure to fluctuating temperatures. The cracking is common with shampoo bars, more so with infrequent use as it is a difference in solubility of the base and the hydrogenated carrier oil that causes the cracking which can lead to the product breaking. This is normal and will absolutely not affect the performance of the products.